Direct To Garment Printing (DTG) is one of the newest ways to print onto garments that has been developed in recent years and has changed the possibilities in garment decoration. The technology involved in this style of printing requires precision machining and industrial standard equipment and inks to ensure a quality long lasting print. There are no set up charges so it is cheaper to print short runs with no minimum order, no restrictions on artwork or numbers of colours and can be used to print onto any colour of garment.
Eco friendly inks are injected directly onto the fabric creating a highly desirable soft hand finish which is excellent for reproducing photos, illustrations and intricate and full colour designs printed onto a variety of garments. For best results DTG printing should be on 100% cotton or no more than a 80%-20% cotton to polyester mix.
Our Innobella Textile waterbased inks have a larger colour gamut and are Okeo‐Tex Eco‐Passport certified and CPSIA compliant meaning they are safe to wear for all ages. They also score 4 or higher on every test in AATCC wash tests meaning your prints are meant to be worn, not worn out.
Brother GTX DTG printing gives incredible results when done correctly and has excellent durability on the t-shirt, bag or whatever you choose. In the Live Ink T-Shirt printing studio in Bristol we use the highest standard regularly maintained equipment and top grade inks to ensure our direct to garment prints are of a consistently excellent standard that we are incredibly proud of. If you are interested in how DTG may work for your project please contact us for a sample.
Below are some useful guidelines for DTG Printing:
- Artwork resolution 300dpi
- Maximum Standard Print Size 35 x 40cm
- Standard Chest Print Size 30cm wide
- Standard Left Chest Print Size 8cm – 10cm wide
- Maximum Oversize Print Dimensions 40 x 50cm
- Durable Prints Wash inside out < 30 degrees as with any printed garment. Line dry / machine dry on delicate setting. Do not tumble dry
- Fabric Type 100% Cotton or 80/20 Cotton/Polyester mix garments
- File extensions for artwork .ai .jpg psd .png .pdf
- Transparent Background Required unless it’s either black or white and matches the colour of the garment.
Contact us on 0117 955 6117 or email@example.com with any questions